Youth Sport Trust: Privacy Notice
The Youth Sport Trust is committed to ensuring that all personal data collected and used by the Trust is managed in accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998.
The Trust is registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner. Our register entry can be viewed at: http://www.ico.gov.uk/ESDWebPages/DoSearch.asp?reg=5236056
Personal data is any data relating to an identifiable individual and includes a person's name, email address, telephone number, gender, date of birth and ethnicity.
In accordance with the Data Protection Action 1998, the Youth Sports Trust will ensure that your data is:
- Used fairly and lawfully
- Used only for legitimate reasons
- Adequate and relevant having regard to the reason it is collected
- Accurate and up to date where possible
- Kept for no longer than required
- Used in line with your rights
- Kept secure
- Transferred internationally only where there is adequate protection for the security of the data.
Purposes for collecting personal data
The Youth Sport Trust collects personal data for the following purposes:
- Monitoring the delivery of Youth Sport Trust programmes and resources
- Research, development and evaluation of Youth Sport Trust programmes and resources
- Communication regarding Youth Sport Trust work
- Marketing of our programmes, resources and membership scheme
- Human resources and employment.
The Trust will not normally use personal data for any other purpose unless it is required or permitted by law to do so.
Sharing personal data with third parties
The Youth Sport Trust does not collect personal data for sale to third parties. However, the Youth Sport Trust may share your data with third parties, including research and evaluation partners and other carefully selected third parties with whom the Trust has a business relationship.
The Youth Sport Trust does pass data to organisations/individuals who administer services on our behalf; all organisations/individuals employed to do this are contracted to comply with the standards of the Data Protection Act 1998.
You have the right to receive a copy of the personal data the Youth Sport Trust holds about you and can ask the Trust to correct any inaccurate data. If you would like to receive a copy of this data (a small charge may be payable) please let us know in writing. You will need to send us evidence of your identity and a description of the information you wish to access. Further details on how to do this can be provided by emailing: email@example.com
You also have the right to object to the use of your details for marketing purposes. If you do not want us to keep you informed about our work and the services we offer please let us know by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.